Things to do in Grande Prairie
Many interesting events are scheduled during the year in the Grande Prairie area. However, if your trip doesn't happen to fit during one those, there are still many interesting things for you to do. Just establish your basecamp in one of the local motels or choose a motor inn and start exploring from there.
Depending on the season, various outdoor activities are available.
• Enjoy cross country or downhill skiing and snowboarding.
• Go golfing, hiking or birdwatching.
• Have fun hunting and fishing.
• Visit the countryside on your snowmobile, ATV, horse or bike.
• Choose a different view and climb aboard a helicopter, a hot air balloon or a dog sled.
• Find your way out of a giant corn maze.
Discover nature at its best with all the parks and trails available. And if you prefer to stay in your car, you can still see giant statues of a swan, a beaver and a sundial.
Whatever the season or the weather, you won't get bored with these indoor activities.
• Visit one of the many art galleries and museums.
• Go watch a movie or a live play.
• Learn about dinosaurs, aboriginal culture and pioneer life at one of the heritage museums or exhibits.
• Stay in shape with a climbing wall, multiple indoor playgrounds and gyms, bowling, laser tag and a trampoline park.
• Challenge yourself and your friends with board games at a local café or trying to escape from a mysterious room by solving puzzles and codes.
And city life at its best
If you're staying at a motel with a kitchenette, you can decide to pack a lunch for the day before heading out to one of the many activities offered in the Grande Prairie area. However, you can also decide to enjoy the many restaurants and cafés around town for a quick bite or a fancy dinner experience.
There are also shopping malls, specialty boutiques, bars and pubs, a casino, a public library, concerts and shows, etc.
In short, whatever the duration of your stay and whether you're on your way to Edmonton or Dawson Creek, or somewhere else, there's always something to do in Grande Prairie!
So, give us a call now at The Lodge Motor Inn and our friendly staff will help you plan your stay to make the most of your visit in our town.